Named the State's Best Non-Daily Newspaper by
the Washington Press Association
Cover Art by Margaret Flynn and Georgi Page
- RJ Reynolds dangles the big bucks to attract Seattle's Twenty-something hipsters.
- by Mark Worth
- Washington's labor and reform scribes left a rich legacy.
- by Carlos Schwantes
- A report on the recent Gay Activism Conference in Wenatchee
- by Richard Jackman
- Why is toxic soup on the menu at Bainbridge Island schools?
- by Diana Tener
- UW officials lower the boom on KCMU's progressive news show.
- by Mark Worth
- Many loggers have chainsaws in one hand and government hand outs in the other.
- by David Atcheson
- U.S. role in suppressing the Chiapas rebellion has stayed in the shadows.
- by Norman Solomon
- Here's what you can do to put Ralph Nader on the WA State Presedential ballot.
- by Free Press staff
- When Ambro met Robo-Candidate
- by John Ambrosavage
- Review of the Baffler magazine from Chicago.
- by Doug Nufer
- Listen to Jim Page and watch documentaries in support of the WFP and Earth On the Air Independent Media.
Actual letters from actual readers.
Updates of past WFP stories.
Of and relating to labor.
reported and compiled by Doug Collins.
How humans treat their surroundings, each other, themselves.
Spike, the Rabid Media Watchdog
The poop on the local information industry.
reported and compiled by Eric Nelson.
Regional writers in review.
literary review by Kent Chadwick
Things you can rent at the video store.
Your guide to experimental film.
film reviews and calendar by Paul D. Goetz.
a cartoon by Marian Henley
BEHIND THE SCENES:
Washington Free Press
1463 E. Republican #178
Seattle, WA 98112
[WFP Back Issues]
Contents on this page were published in the July/August, 1996 edition of the Washington Free
WFP, 1463 E. Republican #178, Seattle, WA -USA, 98112. -- WAfreepress@gmail.com
Copyright © 1996 WFP Collective, Inc.