Issue Number 5 September 1993
- More than 125 years after the treaty ink dried, the Muckleshoot Tribe is fighting to win back land that white America knows as the Sand Point Naval Base.
- by Matt Robesch
- cover design by Amy R. Tullis
- Developers and the media want you to think that the Seattle Commons project is a done deal. Here are some reasons why they're full of their own crap.
- by Mark Gardner
- Sorry, but a $20 million line of credit from a Microsoft millionaire does not qualify as grass roots organizing. Don't believe the hype.
- by David Hirning
- The management at Seattle's Daniel Smith art supply company seem to have Labor Day confused with a holiday that their workers don't know about.
- by Mike Blain
- Eschewing Newtonian-based science, Robert Gilman of Bainbridge Island's Context Institute has a new mission: telling the world why the future - our future - is now.
- interview by Mark Worth
- Just in time for the primary.
- by Free Press Staff
- Pooches protecting people.
- by Marshall Gooch
- Desperate, horny men will say anything to get a woman into the sack. We've got some classic lines, courtesy of The Stranger personals. And it won't cost you a cent to hear them.
- Raising Hopes for Seattle Theater.
- by Brad Warren
Be Our Guest
Guest columnists tell it like it is.
Actual letters from actual readers.
Opinions we couldn't keep to ourselves.
Updates of past WFP stories.
Small stories about big news.
A sampling of groundbreaking news stories.
Of and relating to labor.
reported and compiled by Doug Collins.
Spike, the Rabid Media Watchdog
The poop on the local information industry.
reported and compiled by Mark Worth and FP Staff.
Regional writers in review.
literary reviews by Kent Chadwick and Doug Lauen.
music reviews compiled by Marshall Gooch.
Stories from the street.
AmbrotoonsPresenting the debut of our new staff catoonist, John Ambrosavage.
The Northwest in numbers.
BEHIND THE SCENES:
Washington Free Press
1463 E. Republican #178
Seattle, WA 98112
[WFP Back Issues]
Contents on this page were published in the September , 1993 edition of the Washington Free
WFP, 1463 E. Republican #178, Seattle, WA -USA, 98112. -- WAfreepress@gmail.com
Copyright © 1993 WFP Collective, Inc.