Issue Number 19 December 1995/January 1996
A Free Press Special Focus on Forestry:
Stories by Mike Blain
Cover Photo by P. Kylen-Mitchell
- Don't Believe the hype. There are better ways to log a forest.
Operation Sustainable Forestry
- How the Army's training needs at Ft. Lewis helped to create a thriving experiment in ecosystem management.
Coming Soon to a Store Near You: 'Certified' Wood
- Just as some people are willing to pay more for organically grown foods, many consumers are now looking for wood grown in sustainable forests.
- It's time to give up the "American way of life."
- by David Hirning
- Tired of working so much? Quit spending so much, stupid.
- by Matt Robesch
- Boeing employees exposed to toxics will get their day in court.
- by Eric Nelson
- Critics say Boeing "is punching holes in America's future" by shipping thousands of jobs abroad.
- by Eric Nelson and Mark Worth
- An interview with Stephanie Coontz, author of The Way We Never Were: American Families and the Nostalgia Trap.
- by Kent Chadwick
- Excerpts from an American Civil Liberties Union report entitled The Religious Right in Washington.
- Accident focuses attention on North Pole Productions labor dispute.
- by Mike Blain
Actual letters from actual readers.
Opinions we couldn't keep to ourselves.
How humans treat their surroundings, each other, themselves.
Of and relating to labor.
reported and compiled by Mark Gardner.
Spike, the Rabid Media Watchdog
The poop on the local information industry.
reported and compiled by Free Press Staff.
music reviews by Lance Davis.
Regional writers in review.
literary review by Kent Chadwick
Your guide to experimental film.
film reviews and calendar by Paul D. Goetz.
BEHIND THE SCENES:
Washington Free Press
1463 E. Republican #178
Seattle, WA 98112
[WFP Back Issues]
Contents on this page were published in the December/January, 1996 edition of the Washington Free
WFP, 1463 E. Republican #178, Seattle, WA -USA, 98112. -- WAfreepress@gmail.com
Copyright © 1996 WFP Collective, Inc.