Issue Number 18 October/November 1995
A Free Press Special Edition:
Focus on Labor
Cover Art by Jim Gibbs
Go North, Young Worker!by Doug Collins and Gloria Hubacker
Progressive politics and strong unions help to make B.C. a better place for workers.
Laidlaw to Seattle School Bus-Drivers:by Gloria Hubacker and Doug Collins
Go to the Back, Sit Down and Shut Up
Drivers' best hope for getting a pension plan now lies with the Seattle School District.
Slaves of the Stateby Paul Wright
Prison laborers do time in factories with fences.
Seattle Activists Kick Off Labor Party Effortby Mike Blain
Teachers Work to Revive Labor Educationby Stephanie Tate
- Environmental politics in the Year of the Newt.
- by Roger Brian Valdez
- Guerrilla eco-scientist shakes up the nuclear establishment.
- by Eric Nelson
- The Free Press ventures into the Mall to End All Malls
- by Mike Blain
- Know the issues at stake and consider these endorsements.
- by Free Press staff
- This year's festival runs October 20th to November 18th at various Seattle venues. Here is the complete schedule.
- It's time for a green parking policy in Seattle.
- by Hill, Schiller, and Ferro
- We all live downwind.
- by Colleen Kelly
- WFP's resident humorist ponders the supreme being.
- by John Ambrosavage
Actual letters from actual readers.
Opinions we couldn't keep to ourselves.
Small stories about big news.
How humans treat their surroundings, each other, themselves.
Of and relating to labor.
reported and compiled by Doug Collins.
Spike, the Rabid Media Watchdog
The poop on the local information industry.
reported and compiled by Free Press Staff.
music reviews by Lance Davis.
Regional writers in review.
literary reviews by Doug Collins and Doug Baker
Your guide to experimental film.
film reviews and calendar by Paul D. Goetz.
BEHIND THE SCENES:
Washington Free Press
1463 E. Republican #178
Seattle, WA 98112
[WFP Back Issues]
Contents on this page were published in the October/November, 1995 edition of the Washington Free
WFP, 1463 E. Republican #178, Seattle, WA -USA, 98112. -- WAfreepress@gmail.com
Copyright © 1995 WFP Collective, Inc.