"The truth is the truth, or the truth is surely a lie."
Issue Number 6 October/November '93
- Even with an ex-dope smoker in the White House, the government will still take your money and property if it thinks you're a drug dealer. But a whiff of reform is in the air.
- by Daniel Johnson
- cover photo by Neal Herbert
- The imprisoned and possibly framed Native American leader was The Evergreen State College's commencement speaker. Here's what he said.
- by Matt Robesch
- It's a good thing that people around the country aren't basing Seattle's liberal reputation on what's going on right now.
- by Mark Gardner
- Believe it or not, our friends at Hanford want to get rid of radioactive waste by creating more of it. And also some plutonium while they're at it. (We're not making this up.)
- by Eric Nelson
- The founders of Seattle's New Road Map Foundation tell us how to have a better life with less money.
- interview by Neal Herbert
- You know it. You love it. You hate it. You can't live without it.
- photos and story by Neal Herbert
- Who/What to vote for and why.
- Send us your nominations for "Scrooge of the Year".
- Participate in the WFP Reader's Poll
Actual letters from actual readers.
Be Our Guest
Guest columnists tell it like it is.
Opinions we couldn't keep to ourselves.
Updates of past WFP stories.
A sampling of groundbreaking news stories.
Of and relating to labor.
reported and compiled by Doug Collins.
Spike, the Rabid Media Watchdog
The poop on the local information industry.
reported and compiled by Mark Worth and FP Staff.
How humans treat their surroundings, each other, themselves.
Regional writers in review.
literary review by Kent Chadwick.
Your guide to experimental film.
music reviews compiled by Marshall Gooch.
The Northwest in numbers.
Bad Beat Poetry Corner
Calendar/Events Nov 1993
BEHIND THE SCENES:
Washington Free Press
1463 E. Republican #178
Seattle, WA 98112
[WFP Back Issues]
Contents on this page were published in the October/November, 1993 edition of the Washington Free
WFP, 1463 E. Republican #178, Seattle, WA -USA, 98112. -- WAfreepress@gmail.com
Copyright © 1993 WFP Collective, Inc.