Issue Number 17 August/September 1995
Cover Photo by Al Grillo
- Whistleblowers say Alyeska's rush for oil could tar the planet.
- by Eric Nelson
- Are stadiums pushing transit aside?
- by Andy Bauck
- Re-use a toilet seat; save the planet.
- by Mike Blain
- Local activists join the effort to shut down the School of the Americas.
- by Holly Borba
- An interview with ergonomics specialist Barbara Silverstein.
- interviewed by Mark Gardner
- Viewpoints to consider before the Primary elections.
- guest columns by John Fox and Lisa Herbold
- Seattle University sponsors Basecamp Seattle a major three-day Women's event.
- by Alle Hall
- The rich have a lot to thank you for and now they do.
- by Bruce Clifton
- Disney and the power of children's entertainment.
- by Andy Bauck
- Training program helps the homeless gain skills, employment.
- by Tracy Reed
Actual letters from actual readers.
Updates of past WFP stories.
Opinions we couldn't keep to ourselves.
How humans treat their surroundings, each other, themselves.
Of and relating to labor.
reported and compiled by Doug Collins.
Spike, the Rabid Media Watchdog
The poop on the local information industry.
reported and compiled by Free Press Staff.
Regional writers in review.
literary reviews by Kent Chadwick and Mary Carroll
music reviews by Lance Davis.
Your guide to experimental film.
film reviews and calendar by Paul D. Goetz.
BEHIND THE SCENES:
Washington Free Press
1463 E. Republican #178
Seattle, WA 98112
[WFP Back Issues]
Contents on this page were published in the August/September, 1995 edition of the Washington Free
WFP, 1463 E. Republican #178, Seattle, WA -USA, 98112. -- WAfreepress@gmail.com
Copyright © 1995 WFP Collective, Inc.