Issue Number 10 June/July 1994
- No, we're not making this up. There is a significant political movement out there that is seeking to bring an independent, working-class voice back into U.S. politics.
- by Mike Blain and Mark Gardner
- Cover Illustration by Jenny Schmid
- Labor and environmentalists unite over NAFTA and GATT.
- by Mark Gardner
- It doesn't take a rocket scientist (or a Visual Basic programmer)
to figure out that Microsoft's Redmond campus has affected the water quality of its neighbors.
- by Matt Robesch
- Keep one hand on the steering wheel and the other on your
wallet; privatization of new highway projects is already in the express lane.
- by Mark Gardner
- Is it any surprise that Mark Sidran and his City Council cronies undermine tenants' rights and harass the homeless? They're a bunch of landlords.
- by Doug Collins
- Lauren Tozzi of the Seattle Worthy Wages Task Force talks with the Free Press about her organization's struggle to gain recognition and fair compensation for childcare workers.
- interview by Tracy DeCroce
- A bizarre college entrance essay that worked.
- humor by Hugh Gallagher
- The Seattle Community Network is working on ways for the "Information Superhighway" to support community development.
- by Doug Schuler
- Just why did the Sonics choke in the first round of the NBA playoffs?
- by Julia Eaton
The First Word
Ideas that cut through the bullshit.
by Mark Worth
Actual letters from actual readers.
Opinions we couldn't keep to ourselves.
Updates of past WFP stories.
Of and relating to labor.
reported and compiled by Doug Collins.
Spike, the Rabid Media Watchdog
The poop on the local information industry.
reported and compiled by Mark Worth and Mike Blain.
Regional writers in review.
literary review by Kent Chadwick.
BEHIND THE SCENES:
Washington Free Press
1463 E. Republican #178
Seattle, WA 98112
[WFP Back Issues]
Contents on this page were published in the June/July, 1994 edition of the Washington Free
WFP, 1463 E. Republican #178, Seattle, WA -USA, 98112. -- WAfreepress@gmail.com
Copyright © 1994 WFP Collective, Inc.